Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Altar-ed

Today I had my first dress fitting at L'Mode Bridal, down the street from my house in Tustin. My mom came along since she kinda missed out on the actual purchase of the gown, so she'd never actually seen it on me in person.

The owner, Dorie, assessed the situation with the lower half of the gown as it is at least 8" too long. Having bought the dress off the rack at a sample sale, I figured that this would be a major project, and it turns out I was right. The bad news: she'll have the labor-intensive (i.e. expensive) job of basically reconstructing the lower third of the dress to make it shorter while keeping the intended design. The good news: the dress is made of good quality fabrics (silk, silk taffeta, and alarcon lace) which means it'll hold-up well to the alterations, and the bodice still fits perfectly.

Side note: the owner is a Malaysian version of Edna from The Incredibles. Imagine this conversation as I was taking off the dress in the Edna voice...
"You said this dress is from Macy's? This fabric is wonderful, darling. Silk! Not like that polyester crap those girls come in with from David's Bridal. Pssh..." I love it.

So my dress will be ready May 27th. It'll be exciting to see it all put together for the first time. Also, the tuxedos have been reserved since I last blogged, and we're in the process of finalizing the 'maids ensemble. Oh, and the invitations arrived today! Let's see how long it takes me to get around to gathering the remaining addresses I need...

No comments:

Post a Comment