Thursday, January 14, 2010

Let the Search Begin...

Over the past few days I have accepted, and even perhaps embraced, the fact that we will not be having a Mission Inn wedding. It could, in fact, be for the best. For starters, I can take another look at places which are (as we now know) much cheaper and more flexible than the Mission Inn. Also, since we still have the luxury of time, I can search around for places more off the beaten path which allow for more creativity and a different style.

I've been pouring over my favorite wedding blogs, in particular Green Wedding Shoes and Junebug Weddings, as well as some photographers' blogs such as Jagger photography, for venue ideas. So far two have stuck out as good candidates:

1. Crestmore Manor, Riverside



These are from the wedding of Heather Jagger, one of my most favorite photographers, taken by Dana Grant. I like that this venue is in a pretty convenient location, near Mt. Rubidoux, that it is pretty inexpensive to rent, and I would have complete creative freedom with both design and in choosing vendors. That being said, it does create more of a challenge when every tiny detail needs to be addressed, which is where a wedding coordinator (or perhaps a very good friend who takes on such a role!) may become necessary to help run things.




2. Marvimon House, Downtown Los Angeles

So with this one, the location isn't quite as ideal, and I actually haven't found out the cost of it yet, but it seems really unique and interesting. Outside vendors are allowed, but they offer their own caterers. Maybe not the most feasible place, but I think it's worth looking into at least for the fun of it.

We still have a lot to think about and consider over the next few months, but at least I've found some interesting possibilities for our wedding location. Anything could happen, and that just makes things all the more exciting.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Adena!

    So I was checking out your last post about crestmore and funny enough, I was a bridesmaid at Heather Jagger's wedding, and I also had my wedding at Crestmore. (heather and I got married a month apart) So if you have any questions about the venue, I would love to help out. Also, if you are still looking for a photographer, I would love for you to check out my website. www.royajade.com

    Can't wait to see more post!
    Roya Jade

    ReplyDelete