Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Where, oh where, shall our wedding be...

The search continues for our wedding venue(s). Crestmore Manor is still a major contender, which we visited last weekend to have a look around. I still have some questions on specifics for that location, but it definitely looks like it could work. I am trying to keep an open mind, however, dating around with different locations before marrying the first one that comes along. So to speak.

Last night I came across an interesting option:
Hidden Creek Lodge at Pinerose Cabins, Lake Arrowhead
http://pineroseweddings.com/hidden-creek.shtml


These are from greenweddingshoes.com, which has more pretty pictures.

I had looked at places in the Big Bear area before, but the pricing on this one is much more reasonable than the other ones I found, and seems to be a bit more flexible with vendors. Plus, we could spend a little more and have everyone in the bridal party stay the night before and after the wedding, so no one would have to make the long drive up and down the mountain that weekend. I still want to go up there with Darryl to check it out ourselves sometime, but most of the pics I found online of weddings there are pretty impressive. And we got engaged around Lake Arrowhead! So... a good sign, perhaps?

1 comment: