Sunday, January 9, 2011

First Stress Post of 2011

I think I'm about due for a good long rant.

So I finally was successful in contacting the coordinator, after finding out that apparently I have been assigned to a different one for unknown reasons. During that lunch break phone discussion, I at least was able to confirm the menu selections for the reception dinner, and also the cabin reservations... well, except for one minor hitch. Apparently after "multiple attempts" to contact me, they did not reserve the wedding night cabin for Darryl and I after sending an initial e-mail that we had won a contest to stay there for free, despite the fact that I had e-mailed them back. Twice. And called 4 times over the course of three months, never being able to reach the coordinator who had originally attempted to contact me. So although they supposedly tried to confirm it with me first, another couple has booked the cabin for our wedding night, so we are out of luck. I'm assuming that none of these "multiple attempts" involved calling me, or even Darryl, and I had been checking my spam email as well, so I'm left only to assume that they simply dropped the ball and allowed a lapse in communication. Now, typically in the hotel business, this kind of mistake on their part would entitle me to some kind of compensation. So far all I have received from the new coordinator is a sincere apology. Well, that's great, but it's not going to get us a honeymoon reservation, is it? So far I have sent one email, with my previous emails attached for proof of response, and suggested that one of our other cabins reserved under my name could be comped, or they could book another studio cabin for us using the contest certificate. But surprise, surprise - no response. Honestly, I'm kind of at a loss as to what to do at this point. If we still had about 9 months to a year until the wedding date, I'd be tempted to cut our losses at this place and make other arrangements for a wedding site, and although it's still tempting, it might make matters only more stressful and costly in the end. The issue is not so much the lost cabin, or having to stay elsewhere that night, it's more just the fact that I should be able to contact my own coordinator and expect a response within a timely manner, not several weeks or months, and they should be aware of at least what I have already paid for and arranged, especially considering that I'm using mostly their vendors. Perhaps the only thing left for me to do is to show up at their front desk and not leave until everything is settled. Or start crying. They may think I'm crazy, but crazy gets things done.

Upcoming post: We go for cake tasting this weekend :) It should be a sugary-sweet, snowy day.

1 comment:

  1. That sucks Adena. You most definitely should have a compliant coordinator. Isn't that what they are supposed to do?
    Go Bridezilla on 'em. Make sure Darryl records it! XO

    ReplyDelete